Thursday, January 27, 2011

7. Michael Wriston






Michael on Michael:
Hi! I’m boyghost — a social landscape and once-in-a-while nature photographer. I view photography as a way of interacting with and learning about the people and places around me. It’s my intent to share that visceral experience with everyone, and to hopefully strip away the common preconceptions and stereotypes attributed to people and their environs and to reveal the true nature of the individual.

Or, failing all that I just like to take pictures of folks I meet.
I enjoy shooting with predominantly medium format film cameras, with a strong inclination towards twin lens reflex cameras. There’s a certain disarming element to the clunky apparati that makes photographing strangers less of a terrifying experience. If I’m not wielding some monstrous box camera, I’m more than likely to be skulking about with a 35mm rangefinder of some sorts.
I grew up in farm country. I fell in love with the city. I’m presently lost by the sea.
My favorite words in the English language are “Hey, how are ya?”

See more work HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment